Friday, March 21, 2014

Bring it On, Texas!

The Smith's are moving to Dallas! We have known for a while, but the time is drawing near. All we have is 1 week left in Seattle....*cue the tears.


For some weird reason, I still hadn't taken Steve on a ferry ride. So we went to Bainbridge Island, my first time ever going to that particular island. But holy cow, I didn't expect to get this great view of the city from the water!

Kind of funny that this picture fits the theme of this post...leaving Seattle? Some things in life just work haha.


Sure, the weather is super crummy most of the year. And sure, it takes an arm and a leg to keep up with cost of living! But we have felt so much love and made great friends in our ward! Being able to spend time with Joel and Abby has been the hightlight of living in Seattle! I have gotten to know Abby so well just in this year, and she is one of my best friends I have here! It seems so weird that we won't be living in the same place. Steve is going to miss being around Joel at work too. I see a lot of similarities between those guys, it's funny to watch them interact like brothers do. I will just try and channel Steve's luck and try to get us in the same city again sooner than later! But leaving them will be so sad. *cue more tears  

Something else is killing me too. It's not just us who have been changes coming the end of March. Joel and Abby will be having a new baby girl!!! And if things go the way they usually do when Abby has babies....we are going to just barely miss meeting her.  Nooooo! I am crossing my fingers/legs/toes whatever, that she goes into labor before we leave! We will see if it works :) 



Oh wow this wind. I reminded me of when I was a little girl and I would run around the deck with Ashley, jumping from benches and dancing in the wind! My family would go on fun trips like these quite often! 


Leaving our ward will be really hard for me. I have been a recipiant of service by so many people. We have been so welcomed into the ward, they seem like family to us now. My calling with the Young Women has been a huge blessing and I have learned so much the other women in the organization. They have taught me what it means to serve with fervor. And I have grown because of their examples. I feel like Heavenly Father guided us so we could meet all these wonderful people, and we are so blessed because of them! Saying goodbye in general is really hard, I never like the idea of not seeing someone again...especially those young women! I love them so much, they are so sweet and funny. I really am going to miss them a lot....


Steve was like a little kid, it was so cute! He loved the big boat. It was so weird to him that we just drove on, and there we were out in the Sound. Isn't it absolutely gorgeous?? I know for a fact that Dallas won't have anything like this...a different kind of beautiful, but not this! I am using every ounce of my being to soak it all in while I can. The pacific northwest has the power to make your jaw drop! I will really enjoy these pictures in the future :)



We attempted to take a selfie. You got problems when you add a baby yanking at your hair behind you! This is the result. Moment captured perfectly! 


Bainbridge Island is so cute! I did not know what to expect, and honestly I was thinking there wasn't going to be a whole lot to do. But we went shopping down main street for a while, had teriyaki (gotta get that while we can too), and ended our evening with some crazy good ice-cream and melting chocolate cake. We were going to go play around the beach, but it started to rain pretty hard. So we are go to do that another day.


Now enough with the sad. There are GREAT things to look forward too!! Well for starters....spring weather (I'm talking about the kind with sun) is litterally 1 week away! That alone gets me pumped. But also we get to live only 6 hours away from my Brittany!! We already have a trip planned to drive over to Mississippi. I'm hauling my lazy bum over there to kill it with my first Mud Run! Brittany is doing it too, so it will be a blast and a half. What else is there...oh BBQ. Delisious BBQ.


Who knows...we might come back one day! This was our view on the way back. This picture does not do it any justice but it was so so so cool! 


We already found a 3 month temporary apartment, and then we will go house hunting and move into something bigger later. We are so excited for change and for adventures in  moving! Bring it on, Texas. 






No comments:

Post a Comment