Thursday, May 23, 2013

Ohhhhh BABY!

Last post I did mention that we are "super duper happy and have a lot to look forward to"..... and that is  because...................

WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!

I don't know who's more excited, myself or Steve! We both are just so happy and totally freaked out, it is pretty much all we talk about! Well most of the time :)

When we found out, Ashley was here visiting us in February! Could not have been more perfect timing because, I mean, this is a big deal. A big life changer. For Ashley to be there was just the icing to the cake really. We were just hanging out downstairs one evening, it was really late maybe around 11:00 so. We were all getting pretty tired and I had been very suspicious all day long! But I held it in because I was very nervous! Finally I gave in and ran upstairs to find out for sure and......positive! Wow!! So many emotions were going though my head I felt so bewildered and not quite myself! It was so weird but I was so happy! I immediately wanted to tell Steve and Ashley, so I went down stairs acting kind of like everything was normal. Then I noticed that Ashley and Steve were in different rooms, so I walked back and forth between each room trying to figure out how I would break the news....and to whom first?! I then decided I should tell them both at the same time and I just pulled Steve into the room with Ashley and just said "Im pregnant". Haha! It was weird to say it, but I immediately started crying and Steve just hugged me and smiled! He was so happy! Ashley of course started freaking out too, maybe even crying herself I can't remember. But she started taking pictures with her iPhone! You genius you Ash!

So theses are the pictures she took.....don't mind our extremely tired and groggy looks!






From there it was.....what now? Seriously that's what everyone says but it's so true! There is so much about this subject that we don't know...and now it's time learn! The next day we planned on telling our families. Of course Steve made a baby name spreadsheet the next day during work too haha! But we spent the next couple days telling our families and it was pure happiness! 


This is my parents with Olivia and Haley when we told them over Skype! So much celebration the camera couldn't keep up! 


We guessed that we were maybe 6 weeks along and we made our first appointment for 8 weeks.  During that time we (me mostly) spent a lot of time learning stuff by way of babycenter.com. Its just so exciting to see what your life will be like in the near future with being pregnant and with a brand new baby! But beware the informational birthing videos...

At our checkup everything seemed to be in great shape! To our surprise you receive an ultrasound when you have your first checkup, just to make sure that there is there is someone growing in there. We couldn't hear the heart beat but we could see it pulsing and wow...that was amazing! It just looked like a little bean, but it was alive and it was ours. Our little baby. I just looked at Steve during the appointment and started tearing up! I couldn't believe we were starting our family! With our first little angel! I felt so blessed for Steve and myself, this huge life changing thing is happening and it's real! Heavenly Father is trusting us to take care of this innocent little spirit and to help it through this life.  As much as that is so daunting to think about, being a parent is what I want to do.  It's what I have always wanted to do.  I have other talents and things that I can pursue and want to accomplish in life, but nothing will make me feel more complete than being a mother.  It is my divine purpose and role and nothing can replace that.  

I am now at 17 weeks and now ABSOLUTELY loving trimester numero dos. After that 8 week mark my emotions went up and my appetite went down down dowwwwn. It. was. awful. But my doctor and  I consider myself one of the lucky ones. I only threw up twice and even when I was nauseous I wasn't bed-ridden.  I did get the bloating, loss of appetite, and fatigue and that isn't so fun. Not to mention I have been so indecisive about everything, especially food. During that first trimester NOTHING sounds yummy. Not even the good stuff. And that was so sad to me because I love food and it was depressing to when nothing sounds good for weeks. But we are into second trimester now and I feel so much more myself and I have lots of energy!  

We have been to several more appointments since our first and we have heard the heartbeat of our little growing baby a couple times now! I love it! Steve mentioned that it kind of sounds like the pac man game. We even looked it up on youtube and it totally does! Haha! We also came up with a fun way of announcing it to our friends and people online......

Oh so funny. We got a lot of compliments on this announcement for the creativity.  Steve says it was all me, because I was thinking about doing a movie poster of some kind, but I blame it on him! He made the Mr. and Mrs. Smith connection!  Anyway it was perfect because Steve loves to do this sort of this with graphic design and he's really talented with it! It was also a fun activity for us to do as excited new parents! And we felt so much love after announcing it! 

Due date is October 25th! We can't wait to meet you!










No comments:

Post a Comment