Saturday, May 25, 2013

Stuff, other stuff, and baby update!

I am now at 18 weeks now!! We find out the gender at 20 weeks and I am dying to know what we have!! Ah its killing me. But so far time has flown and I should be able to make it somehow. And now it has begun. Our first baby gear! Can't believe we are actually out buying this stuff, but honestly it makes every thing so much real and...its fun! So far we haven't felt like the realization has hit us hard yet. My tummy is just barley starting to poke out and I haven't felt any movement quite yet. Our doctor visits and listening to the baby's heartbeat are what have been reminding us of the reality so far.  But the fact that I walk past this pile of baby stuff sitting in our house is starting to get me really really excited! 



We got very lucky because there was a city wide garage sale in Snoqualmie and there were so many people selling baby stuff! The crazy thing is that everything we got is less than a year or two old and hardly used at all. Where we live, people stop having kids after they have one or two and then they just want to get rid of their baby things. So they put them out for what I think is ridiculously cheap, especially considering how much THEY actually paid for it (people don't go cheap in this city). And then cheap first time parents (like us) come literally running in to collect those pretty much brand-new treasures! Our grand total was $150 and we bought a crib, pack n' play, baby bjorn, boppy, bumbo, snuggle nest, a really nice pump, play mat, glider chair, excercise ball, and two pairs of maternity pants for me....(whew) I just can't believe how much we saved! I am on a thrifty kick right now let me tell you! But yeah, we really did get lucky and we are super grateful for that huge blessing! 

As for me? I've been experiencing a few changes. Heartburn, which I hate, and my growing tummy! I have been trying to exercise everyday and I'm starting to notice my center of gravity has changed.  My balance is starting to get all out of whack and I can't do certain exercises that I usually do. Like if I stand on one leg, and kick my other leg out sideways like a boxing kick, I start falling over! It's really funny haha! But that means I will have to start being more careful now about certain things I do. Also, skinny jeans...what are those?? Haven't worn them in weeks. I got the belly band thing, and it works okay but it's just uncomfortable to have to pull your pants up all the time. So now I'm full time in my maternity pants that I bought at the sale, or sweats (my personal favorite). Still hoping to find cute maternity skinny jeans for a decent price though. 

June is almost here! Our summer plans were finally finalized (try saying that five times fast) about a month ago and we've got our calendar set and were marking it off every day! Lately we have welcomed an additional member in the smith household................no not the baby. 

It's Brandon Wyatt! Steve heard about a summer internship position opening up in his office and it turns out Brandon is going into the Construction Management himself! So Steve told Brandon to apply and see what would happen, and he got it! It is a great opportunity for him, but he is dating Ashley right now and he wasn't thrilled about leaving her at all.  But they both thought it would be a great opportunity so he made the trip up here! We also just so happen to have a spare room and bathroom in our house, so we told Brandon he could just stay with us! Plus he would be able to carpool with Steve to work everyday and that is awesome. We were probably the ones rooting for him to most to come up here, just so we could drag him here to hangout with us! Call us selfish :) It's been really fun though! I know he misses Ash a lot and they Skype...like...all the time. Ugh, they are so lovey dovey, it's like what are we?! Chop liver!? Kidding guys. 


Just hanging out after Steve and Brandon got home from work. A good typical evening. 

Plans for this summer first and foremost though...Ash is coming to visit tomorrow!!!! Oh we are all so excited to spend time with her! She will be here for a week and then Ashley AND myself will be headed to South Carolina to have a sibling vacation! We are going on a cruise to the Bahamas! (happy dance) Our guys are staying home though :'( So bummed. It is actually the first trip I will be making without my lover man and I'm really sad about that. He deserves a fun vacation because he works so hard for us everyday. But he is saving up his vacation days for this first year of being on salary so we can actually have a Christmas break. He is bummed but he says that he will be just fine, especially since he will have a friend around (Brandon). He is really happy for me to go since it will be sort of my last hurrah before we have kiddos. That's really sweet of him.

Actually the fact that I'm going in the first is all thanks to Jonathan! Seriously though, he won a cruise at work. He was given a good amount of money to spend towards plane tickets, cruise tickets, and a lot of activities. But instead of taking one other person, and spending the money all on excursion activities and souvenirs, he decided spend it all on tickets and travel expenses for his sisters!

(I know right?! Being an emotional pregnant girl meant this is what I felt like when he invited me.)


What a great brother, and not because he got us a cruise. He is just so thoughtful and knows that we all miss each other and love spending time together. And that's what this trip will be about, being together as a family! Thats so important to him and thats why he is amazing!  Love you Jonathan! And now mom and dad bought tickets to join us! More than anything we are just so excited to be together! Yay!


Steve got me a sun hat in preparation for the cruise :) because pregnant people burn much easier in the sun. So thoughtful. 



Then later in June Steve and I will head up to Canada to go to our Smith Family reunion! We are so looking forward to spend a week with his family in beautiful Canada! Steve made a Smith Reunion t-shirt and it's really cool looking too! His family is so awesome, I am really looking forward to spending time with them there. How did I get so lucky! 

No comments:

Post a Comment