Sunday, October 6, 2013

Another Season gone by...

Disclaimer: Ridiculously long "catch up" post!

Well, as I sit here typing this is what I see from the window. Trees changing color, leaves on the ground, grey rainy clouds, and puddles. Yep, fall in Washington has officially begun!


I've had a great summer though, and somewhat busy one too. It just seemed a bit long in between my activities since I haven't been working.  I stayed home a lot, and I've had to find things to keep myself occupied.  For a good long while I was working out almost everyday, but then the further along in pregnancy I got, the less I got around to it. And then it turned in to a three times a week thing. (Now it's like a maybe once a week deal) So working on my personal goals, among other things kept me busy for this summer in between my trips. Like going on adventures with Abby, and hanging out with different people from my ward! Without them I would have died of boredom! 

Seattle in the summer is perfection!! It's so beautiful  with temperatures that hardly go over 90, clean air, and lush green all over! My favorite part of summer in Seattle were the longs weeks without seeing a cloud in the sky :) that is something worth being happy about. 

Here are some (okay, a lot of) pictures that summarize this summer:



What an memorable trip with my family! On a cruise to the Bahamas. 



Oh the fancy "Serenity Deck". We spent most of our time here, hogging all the chairs and playing Domino's and Phase Ten:) Who needs alcohol to have fun?!
Oh and look at Dad :) taking a well deserved nap. 






Not to mention some good quality time in South Carolina :)



Tennis!



 Look at all of us siblings...we are all grown up! Our caboose Olivia is 16. Sheesh! I remember when we used to refer to Haley and Olivia as "the babies" because they were our littles. Not little anymore. Haley 18 almost 19, and THAT is crazy. 





Family reunion in Steve's hometown. Canada! Missing Maren's family this time 'round :( we were so happy she could make it though! Oh and nice T-shirts huh. Steve you design genius you! 


Shootin' on the ranch.





Waterton views never disappoint!


I just thought this was a funny picture. Despite our silly photo-shoot, the angle of this picture is amazing! 



The ladies in the family, threw me THE cutest baby shower! It was a total surprise. They had the most adorable decorations and goodies! I felt so much love from all these ladies, it was so sweet. 



Back in Washington, and Steve's Birthday! Kami and Brad came into town the weekend of Steve's birthday.  We spent the day out in Seattle with his parents and Joel and Abby! We love it when family comes to visit us, it gives us a great excuse to go out and do fun things! It always kind of takes away any stress that you have, focusing on family is so great! 







The blown glass museum was so neat! Steve is very artistic and he really enjoys places like this, and so do I! 



I did a lot with my Young Women girls from church too! I cant find the photos separately, so Instagram photos will do. 


I didn't take a lot of Girls Camp pictures, mainly because I was SO SO busy! It was a whirlwind of craziness, but it was one of my best weeks out of the summer! Truly an amazing experience being on the leadership side of Girls Camp. I grew spiritually more than I expected, and I learned a lot from the testimonies that were shared there. Plus it was fun! People kept looking at me like I was crazy for coming to camp at 27 weeks pregnant, but I felt great! Not to mention we decorated our camp site so stinkin' cute too :) Glitter EVERYWHERE. 


And this was a super fun YW trip to Lake Chelan with my girls! We had so much fun with them! I especially loved getting to know each of them better. I love to hear them talk about themselves and what they get excited about. That sounds funny, but it's so cute when they get all excited about a topic and talk talk talk! They are lots of fun :) 




Another trip, Utah! I spent this trip with Ashley, Jonathan, Mom, and Haley mostly. We came up with a lot of really fun things to do while we were visiting, and I especially enjoyed being able to share my pregnancy fun with them :) 



Another baby shower!! Mom and Tammy put this on for me, and look at that cute outfit. For real?!
It's the complete deal, even with the matching booties and hat. (Haley's gift to me was the hat!) She was so excited about the baby, she would always put her hand on my belly and smile super big! It even got to the point where we would walk around the store and her hand was just planted on my belly. Ashley was just as excited and probably more amazed than anything! She wanted to feel him move all the time, and when he did she would freak out! Well I don't blame her, it is totally bizarre if you think about it. I guess you just get used to it after a while of feeling it ALL the time!  


Poor Steve. This was a good chunk of our summer this year. Me out and about, traveling all over. And Steve at home :( The only trip he made this summer was to Canada for our reunion, and I'm happy that it was a good long vacation there! He is working super hard at Stacy Witbeck, and when he has the chance to take a break it makes me happy. But this summer in particular I was gone quite a bit. It's definitely the most we've ever been away from each other.  I'm such a cry baby, in the fact that I would always sort of cry each time he dropped me off at the airport this summer. I blame pregnancy hormones mostly, but really I think I just love the guy too much. We were always on face time in the evenings, even if it were just for a couple minutes. I missed him, but he was a good sport as usual! 


Being silly while playing tennis. Haley in the background is trying to go swimming, but her OCD kicked in and she was trying to get rid of all the bugs and gross floaties in the water with the net. That girl is obsessive haha! 


"Treat yo-self" that was our motto this trip.




After coming back home from Utah, Steve and I made sure that we spent all the good days of Seattle weather we had left, outside and enjoying that sun! It's so funny when we are obsessive about soaking in the sun before its gone, because I feel like a squirrel that is scrambling to get as many nuts as he can before winter. We are true Seattle sun squirrels right before winter I guess. 



Deception Pass with Joel and Abby! Enjoying what beaches we have here in the NorthWest! 






Wether we like it or not, summer is over and fall is here! Which brings many new and exciting things for us...




1 comment:

  1. You had such a fun and exciting summer! I loved the update! :)

    ReplyDelete