Friday, October 18, 2013

3 Year Anniversary

Another year with my Steven and I have to say, he makes me SO happy! I'm so mushy in love with him and I don't care who knows it :) 3 years has taken us so far in our relationship and we have been through so much together! Different jobs, living in new places, parties with friends, working on school, and traveling all over has been most of our married life so far. And now we have finally finished school, moved out of our little college lifestyle, and are living grown up lives now.....and we are soon to be parents too!

This year for our anniversary we kind of struggled to make fun plans.  There is so much to do here in Seattle and we truly wanted to do something fun while it's just him and I! But me being due to go into labor anytime soon (2 weeks) closed a lot of our doors for any crazy getaways. We were also cautious about being too far from our home and the hospital in case anything happened early. And frankly we were so distracted about having a baby soon (still are) so trying to be creative for our anniversary was second on our list of things to think about. Haha Steve would come home from work and just look at me sad and worried and say "What are we going to do for our anniversary??" I can tell he wanted to come up with something special, but I reassured him our anniversary is special no matter what! At least we weren't doing homework like we did last year :) 

We made our anniversary fun by having lunch together in Seattle during Steve's lunch break. Talking about my doctors appointment that I had just before I headed out to his office, and getting excited :) And then he got off work early so that we could spend the day together, and afterwards we had dinner at Outback Steakhouse. We ordered an whole "bloomin' onion" for ourselves on top of our entrees. It was HUGE. Now we know that it's not an appetizer meant for two people, including one with bad heartburn issues. Steve also got me a nice warm insulated jacket that I have been wanting really bad! It will be so nice for the chilly days that are coming up! It was a great day and reflecting on our marriage and how much we love each other was definitely a treat :)

Eating lunch at a vietnamese restaurant! My taste buds approved this time :) 



This was the only picture we took later that night. Not the best photo, but still. We kinda like each other.  

I was thinking the other day, and came to note that with each year that goes by I learn more and more about him, and he learns more and more about me. And as much as I think I have him figured out pretty well, I love to notice new things about him. For example, Steve LOVES it when I am happy. It's as plain and as that. When he comes home from work and I have a big smile on my face or a silly attitude, he soaks it in and it makes him happy too! And on days that I seem stressed or if I just seem frustrated at something, it makes him sad. Seeing this in our relationship has made me want to be happy about life no matter what stinks about it! Not only does he make me happy, but he makes me want to be happy even when I don't feel like it! And I know this isn't a huge thing to realize... duh when your loved ones are happy your happy. BUT it's the fact that it's so simple, that he just loves it when his wife is happy. And I can definitely say the same for myself. When he is happy I'm happy too, and that makes me happy! (I didn't know how else to explain this, so I ended up with a "happy" overload haha) 

He still is that guy who makes me laugh everyday, who works hard no matter what, and who has the best dance moves ever. Happy 3 years lover! 






No comments:

Post a Comment