Thursday, October 24, 2013

Graham's Bedroom

This has been an exciting project for us! It took a while to get going, but this came together so quickly once we decided to start! That's usually how it goes when the both of us get on a project buzz.  Plus it's for someone extra special :) so we were extra focused on it. 

A lot of the big items, and a good amount of small items, were all bought from a sweet garage sale/ bought off craigslist/ or just repurposed from things we had. We think we saved a lot of money by going "gently used", but we got really lucky finding what we wanted as far as the condition and quality.  

For the entire summer we had all of the gear sitting in a pile, waiting to be assembled. Our project started when I came home from a trip to Utah, and VOILA! Steve had surprised me by putting the room together and decorating it too (choosing colors, painting, refinishing, ect.) ! It was so cute of him! I loved loved loved the gesture, and he took on big projects that I knew would take a long time! Loved the surprise so much, but I have to admit that I did want to change some things about the room haha. And after a guilty confession by me, Steve immediately went to work trying to make things the way I envisioned! He blames Pinterest haha. We worked on this vision together and we absolutely adore the way it turned out! It was fun getting our DIY on.  



Outdoorsy/Woodsy is a theme that really spoke to both of us! I love the outdoors and Steve grew up on a ranch in beautiful Canada. So this really seemed to fit! We chose the colors yellow, gray, orange, and some brown.


I so wish I had a before picture of this glider, but we got it for dirt cheap at a garage sale. Steve took the huge job of refinishing the frame to gray, and Abby lent us her amazing sewing skills and made cushion covers with fabric we had bought! It was quite the transformation!! And I love it! 

That little side table was also dirt cheap and Steve came up with the idea of repainting it with chevrons on the top. So fun! 




We made the sign, the branch sculpture, and painted old wall shelves that we had. 
Look at that moose, I'm dying. Love the Canada representation haha.  


The bed skirt was another courtesy from Abby and her mad sewing skills! And Steve made those animal silhouettes using his design skills. Everyone's so skilled!  


Well, hopefully I can say that I'm skilled at making people? 
Cheesy selfie! I forget that I'm pregnant sometimes, and I totally shock myself when I see myself in the mirror. Funny! 











No comments:

Post a Comment